The 2023-2024 erase training schedule and registration website – click HERE
Changes have been made to the erase training schedule. Information is now available on a new website hosted by Safer Schools Together with two distinct options: Professional Sessions (for district staff) and Family Sessions (for families, students, and the wider school community). The Family Sessions link may be circulated among your school communities. All are welcome to attend. Please visit the erase training schedule for up-to-date information and to register for upcoming training. (Click the “learn more” buttons to access to the training dates then click on a date to register).
Independent school erase training requirements
In terms of training requirements for schools undergoing inspection in the 2023-24 school year, as indicated in the inspection template, training in two areas continues to be required:
- a basic threat assessment training course
- a digital threat assessment training course
The following erase courses can be used to meet these requirements:
- Foundations of Supporting School Safety (meets Basic Violent Threat Assessment training requirement)
- Digital Threat Assessment DTA (meets Digital Threat Assessment training requirement)
- Basic Threat and Risk Assessment (meets Basic Violent Threat Assessment training requirment)
- Behavioural And Digital Threat Assessment (BDTA™) Management (meets Digital Threat Assessment training requirement)
As noted in the Inspection guide and template, basic threat assessment training taken through the Center for Trauma Informed Practice provides another means for schools to meet the basic threat assessment training requirement. Costs incurred for courses taken from the Center for Trauma Informed Practice are the responsibility of the school or individual participating.
erase training is current for 3 years. Trainings taken in 2020/2021 need to be refreshed this school year.
For more information visit the Ministry’s Safe & Caring School Communities webpage.
For erase related questions, contact Janet, at email@example.com.