Skip to content
FISA BC is a federation of independent school associations. Therefore, independent schools, also known as private schools in other jurisdictions, become members of FISA BC by being members in good standing of one of FISA BC’s five associations ACSIBC, AMS, CISBC, ISABC, SCSBC. The process of membership is established by each association in accordance with its policies.
- A new member that does not join CIS, SCSBC, ACSIBC, or ISABC may be eligible for membership with the Associate Member Society of FISABC (AMS). Membership in AMS is the main route into FISA BC. 2019 AMS Membership Application
- A new member that wishes to affiliate with the Society of Christian schools in British Columbia (SCSBC) must apply for membership with the SCSBC.
- A new member that wishes to affiliate with the Association of Christian Schools International in British Columbia (ACSIBC) must apply for membership with ACSIBC.
- A new member that offers education with an emphasis on preparation for university studies and has been incorporated for at least four years is eligible to apply for membership in the Independent Schools Association in British Columbia (ISABC).
- If the new incorporated entity offers education from a Catholic perspective and is approved by one of five dioceses in British Columbia, the new member may be eligible in the Catholic Independent School (CIS) class.