There are 140 independent schools operated by an independent school authority within the AMS. These schools are BC certified and include a wide range of philosophical, pedagogical and religious values such as Sikh, Muslim, Jewish, Christian, Seventh Day Adventist, Special Needs, International, First Nations, Montessori, International Baccalaureate, Creative and Performing Arts, and Waldorf schools.
Coast Mountain Academy (CMA), an innovative, co-educational Grade 7-12 school, invites educational leaders with a track record for mentoring and developing faculty, encouraging students and fostering a progressive and healthy school community to apply to become the new Head of School. Founded in 2013, Coast Mountain Academy is embarking on a new phase of the school’s development with a plan to move from its leased facility to a permanent facility. The school is uniquely and deliberately small with over 80 students expected for the 2020-2021 school year with a plan to grow to 240 in the coming years.This is an extraordinary and rare opportunity for a creative and forward-thinking leader. To explore this opportunity further and for more information, please contact or send a cover letter and resume to Tam Matthews of Matthews Consulting at firstname.lastname@example.org. Consideration of candidates will start in early April 2020 with an application deadline of March 31st 2020. The new Head of School will begin ideally in September 2020. For more information click HERE.
Salt Spring Centre School Now Hiring: Elementary Teacher
Would you like to be part of a cohesive teaching team, in a small Independent School on beautiful Salt Spring Island?
Documented evidence of:
- B.C. Ministry of Education Teaching Certification
- Proof of exemplary teaching qualifications and experience teaching primary years
- Current and solid knowledge of B.C. elementary curriculum
- Experience in differentiated instruction, and project-based learning
- Exemplary teaching experience in a multi-grade learning environment
- Effective assessment practices in formative and summative assessment
- Ability to develop rapport with parents, students and colleagues
- Commitment to work as a team for the improvement of student achievement
- Knowledge and commitment to positive behaviour support systems
- Commitment to social emotional programming within classroom and school
- Commitment to professional growth
Start Date: September 1, 2020
Closing Date: March 30, 2020
Apply in writing to: email@example.com with a cover letter, and an updated resume and supporting documentation that will ensure qualifications are met or exceeded for this position.
Noah’s Ark Montessori Reggio School is looking for a dynamic teacher to provide an educational and caring environment for children between 6 to 10 years of age, with a very open and flexible starting date. Noah’s Ark specializes in a full early childhood setting, continuing to Grade 3. This teaching position is full time, with the successful candidate taking responsibility for the shared management of a class of 13-15 children. In addition to this position, the school would also be interested in hiring a classroom assistant. The following qualifications and personal qualities are important:
- A passion for working with and understanding children
- A creative, resourceful and flexible thinker
- Dedicated, self-directed and organized
- A genuine, team-player with solid communication skills
- A good listener, with a happy disposition
- A loving, sensitive person, with leadership and behavior management skills
- Early Childhood Educator Certification
- Montessori 3-6 and/or 6-9 training, or in-training is good, but not essential
- For classroom assisting: Teacher Assistant Training credentials
- Brand new teachers, ECE or elementary teachers are all welcome to apply
- First Aid Certificate
- Current Criminal Record Check
- Proof of medical fitness to work with children
We are a very friendly and enthusiastic, educational team and are looking to find someone who seeks to go deeper in their exploration of the joys of helping young children access their real their potential. For more information, visit our website at www.noahsarkschool.ca. Cover letter and resume can be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Then, arrange to come and visit us to see what we have to offer you. We thank all those who apply.
Posting January 2020